NDIS support for your family - we are here to help
The Shepherd Centre is a registered Service Provider with the NDIS and we can help you at any stage of your NDIS planning process. Navigating the world of NDIS can be hard and confusing. If your child has hearing loss, we deliver world class early intervention and school aged services providing you with full NDIS support from start to finish. We work with many families on a daily basis to help them secure and implement their NDIS funding plans.
Whether you are at the start of your journey with NDIS, or not sure if your child is enrolled in NDIS, or already have a plan – we can help you maximise the support you are getting from NDIS and make sure the funding you apply for matches your family’s goals. Simply contact us on 02 9370 4400 or submit your inquiry using the form at the bottom of this page.
Our NDIS support includes:
- We are a registered NDIS service provider and provide world-class early intervention services under NDIS if your child has hearing loss.
We have a family-focused approach and we’re known for our close-knit team who specialises in many areas but works together as one support network. This network includes Speech Pathologists, Audiologists and Child and Family Counsellors. We work with children and young adults with hearing loss providing early intervention and school aged support.
Everyone working at The Shepherd Centre understands the unique needs that come with hearing loss. And our expertise ensures you find the right fit when it comes to the support your child needs.
- We can help you verify if your child is enrolled into the scheme. If you have had no contact from the NDIS and want to know if your child can be enrolled in the scheme, we can help you verify if the scheme is available in your postcode as it’s slowly being rolled out throughout Australia. We can help you with the entire process of obtaining, completing and submitting documents required to enrol in the scheme.
- We can help you obtain your NDIS plan, including preparation for your pre-planning meeting and service recommendation. We will help you take a closer look at your goals and work to connect you with service providers and community supports that are the best option for you and your child.
- We can help you with your plan implementation through Support Coordination. We have highly trained Support Coordinators who can put your approved NDIS into action. Your NDIS plan will detail which level of Support Coordination you have been funded for: Support Connect, Coordination of Supports and Specialist Support Connection. We are registered to provide all of these. Your dedicated Support Coordinator will be your ongoing NDIS contact person to discuss any questions about your plan.
- We help you prepare for your next NDIS Plan.
- We will be there for you in the times of crisis.
Extra benefits of choosing The Shepherd Centre
- Maximising the value for money your child receives from their supports to ensure funding is well spent.
- Early intervention and timely service responses – many supports can be provided within our own team, if you feel we’re the best fit for you.
- Better opportunities to explore and connect with community and support options in the area of hearing loss.
- Consistent monitoring of the performance of services – ensuring you’re happy with how things are going.
How to access our services
If you have further questions about the support that your child needs, NDIS funding or would like to book an appointment to visit one of our centres, call our head office on (02) 9370 4400 or send us an enquiry using the form below. If you need more information about NDIS please click here.