Following the wonderful positive feedback from our Professional Workshops in 2017 along with the early receipt of your expressions of interest for Professional Development for next year, we are delighted to offer a range of workshops in 2018 for professionals working with children with hearing loss.
Our official 2018 e-brochure will be distributed in the next fortnight with greater detail of our courses, how to register and how to obtain more information. Below is a summary of the content and dates confirmed so far.
3 major changes in 2018:
- Enrolment on-line will be available
- Hosting of our inaugural Twilight Tutorials in mid Term 1 at TSC with leading professionals in our field including Professor Marc De Rosnay (please see below)
- Enhancing Social/Emotion and Theory of Mind Skills in children with hearing loss:
- Typical social development in 0-7 year olds.
- How can we monitor and assess social development and ToM skills?
- How can we teach and promote social skills and ToM skills?
Please feel free to forward this information on to colleagues who may be interested in attending.
Numbers will be limited so it would be advisable to register as soon as possible via email below or on-line registrations available soon.
Inaugural Twilight Tutorial with Professor Marc De Rosnay:
- DATE: Wednesday 21st March
- TIME: 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- TOPICS: as described above
- Refreshments will be served
Professional Workshop Topics for 2018 include:
Understanding Hearing Loss: Tips and tricks for supporting a child with hearing loss in your class
Uncurling the Cochlea: Understanding cochlear implant candidacy in 2017
Confident Kids: Enhancing social skills in children with hearing loss, from infancy to school age
Let’s Speak About Speech: Developing and enhancing speech skills for children with HL at all ages
101 Therapy Ideas to Climb the Listening and Spoken Language Ladder
Bouncing with Babies: Setting our babies with hearing loss on paths for optimal success
- The Magic FLI (Functional Listening Index) [accreditation pending]
- A revolutionary NEW TSC tool to measure and address functional listening skills
- Introduction of on-line tool that can assist both teachers and parents tracking and enhancing skills
- Early enhancement of Functional Listening skills can predict:
- literacy and
- social skills development
Full-day course suited for professionals working with primary and high school students, infants and children with hearing loss
For more information on the topics we will cover please click here.
Alternatively, why not do some team building in your local areas?
We can arrange to come to your region if you can coordinate a group to attend. Minimum of 8 with maximum of 30 participants.
Feedback from the 6 outreach workshops we ran in 2016 and 2017 was extremely positive with re-bookings for further workshops for next year:
“It’s a much better way to learn than doing on-line courses, greater engagement, chances to ask questions of presenters means sessions can be personalised; materials can be presented and practised.”
“Great revision with wonderful new information based on research (3); Practical; interactive; current information, backed by research.”
This option is also very cost effective for upskilling all team members without incurring the costs of travelling to Sydney.
If this option appeals to you, please contact Anne Fulcher, Principal Listening and Spoken Language Specialist direct via email: [email protected]
To discuss the possibilities please contact Sharon Hill, Manager, Clinical Administration at: [email protected]