Please join us for the LOUDEST and BRIGHTEST fundraising event of the year!
Loud Shirt Day is the perfect excuse to wear your brightest clothes (love ‘em, hate ‘em, whatever) and raise money to help give the gift of sound and speech to deaf children who attend The Shepherd Centre. Whether you fancy stripes, florals, polka dots or paisley, as long as your clothes have colour and pizzazz, it will be perfect for Loud Shirt Day.To host or participate, just register online. You’ll be sent a kit containing all the information you need. All funds raised in NSW, ACT & TAS will go to The Shepherd Centre.
How to Participate
- Choose a date that fits. The official date for Loud Shirt Day 2017 is Friday October 20. But if this doesn’t suit, feel free to choose another date that does.
- Plan your Loud Shirt Day. Get creative – cakes and catwalk? Hawaiian shirt competition and raffle? Flashiest frock with a hamper prize? Whatever you do – remember that this is one day where you can get seriously loud and wear your support for deaf children.
- Invite people to come along and support your Loud Shirt Day. Use the posters you’ll find in your kit, and the online fundraising tools. Send an email to everyone you know letting them know what you’re up to with Loud Shirt Day and asking for their support.
- Wear your support. Show off your best loud outfits. Wear something extra loud on the day you hand out posters. Email a pic of yourself in something loud. Let everyone know how easy and fun it is to be involved.
- Say “thanks” to everyone who supported you or participated. Let them know how important their contribution is. Perhaps send them a link to one of the real stories of deaf children who’ve learned to speak so your friends and supporters know what a difference they’ve made.
- Collect your donations. Be sure to keep a record of how much money you have raised. Afterwards follow the banking instructions in your information pack to return the funds you’ve raised.
- Sit back and give yourself an enormous pat on the back. More deaf children will get the help they need to speak thanks to the fun you’ve had on Loud Shirt Day.