The Shepherd Centre (TSC) is a highly regarded not-for-profit, providing specialised programs for children with hearing loss and their families. Our programs meet the needs of children of all ages; from our world-leading early intervention program for babies and toddlers, through to our mentoring program ‘Hear for You’ for school-aged children and teenagers. We have been empowering generations of children with hearing loss to listen, speak and have a voice for over 50 years, creating a world of choice and amplifying possibility.
TSC currently supports over 900 families all over Australia, providing in-person and online support from 10 locations across NSW, ACT, Queensland and Tasmania. Our global platform HearHub, supports health professionals working with children with hearing loss all over the world.
About the role
We are growing and expanding our services to even more children and families and there are a lot of exciting things happening right now across our organisation.
We have 2 roles available (one permanent and one 12-month fixed-term contract), both working full-time hours. These roles work closely with others in the Fundraising team, to provide a high level of customer service to our valued donors and stakeholders. They also take responsibility for the facilitation and administration of our various fundraising and development programs and for managing the accuracy of donor records in our donor database (Microsoft Dynamics).
Day to day, you will be involved in tasks such as:
- Processing and receipting of all donations (one off and regular)
- Diligently maintaining the accuracy of our CRM database (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Stewardship and retention of our supporters
- Building relationships with our valued donors via phone and email
- Sending supporter letters and emails
- Preparing donor retention materials
- Handling phone enquiries and email inboxes
- Recording communication and feedback from our supporters
- Assisting the greater Fundraising team with general administrative tasks
- Contributing and collaborating with all colleagues across TSC
Why join The Shepherd Centre?
We don’t just profess our values, we truly practice them through the work that each and every one of us performs each day. We act and communicate with Compassion and Integrity in everything we do. We strive to Empower everyone we meet – our children, families and stakeholders. We foster Innovation – committed to finding better ways of doing things, through evidence-based practice. And finally, we support our people to be Courageous and harness their Creativity to unlock potential, enable progress and create new opportunities.
We support our people to have a great work-life balance and offer competitive benefits including:
- Competitive salary with not-for-profit salary packaging – claim up to $15,900 of your salary tax free per year + meal entertainment expenses up to $2,650 per year
- Flexible work hours, including options to work some days from home/remotely
- A full Christmas and New Year shutdown period to recharge
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A family friendly and professional company culture
- Strong customer service experience and focus
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Some experience with CRM software/databases would be great (ideally Microsoft Dynamics, but not essential)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Strong administrative skills, with a high attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and multitask in a busy work environment
- Adherence to privacy and confidentiality
- Charity/NFP/Fundraising experience will be highly regarded
- Current Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain one
- NDIS Worker Check (where required)
- Full working rights to work in Australia
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter, addressing how you meet the essential criteria of the role and your preference for permanent or fixed term contract. Closing date is Friday 23rd February 2024.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as we will be actively shortlisting applications as they are received. As such, this position may be filled prior to the closing date. We thank you for your application, but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note: Under The Shepherd Centre COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all employees and workers performing in-person work must be fully vaccinated with an Approved COVID-19 Vaccine (3 doses) and evidence is to be provided in the form of a current COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
The Shepherd Centre is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Please let us know if you have any support or access requirements at the time of your application.