The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) recently announced the appointment of new Early Childhood Partners under NDIS in New South Wales from 1st July 2018.
This means that The Shepherd Centre’s role as a NSW Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Transition Provider will finish on 30th June 2018. From the 1st July 2018 the Early Childhood Partners will provide transition services under NDIS for children with developmental delay and/or disability aged nought to six years.
What does this mean for my child?
- If you aren’t completing the NDIS planning process with The Shepherd Centre prior to the end of June, or if your child has a plan due for review in July or after, the Transition partner linked to your area will be in touch with you to make a time to discuss your child’s needs and appropriate supports and services after the 1st of July.
- We will work with your transition partner to support a transition period to their planning services as required, and continue to support you and each transition partner in understanding your child’s individual needs and the requirements for all children with hearing loss.
- Regardless of who your transition provider is, The Shepherd Centre will be with you every step of the way to provide support so you can complete your NDIS planning process.
- This change will not affect the services you are receiving with us.
In NSW, the new Transition Partners delivering Early Childhood Early Intervention NDIS planning services are:
- Lifestart (external) in the Central Coast, Illawarra Shoalhaven, South Eastern Sydney, Sydney, and Nepean Blue Mountains Service Areas.
- Northcott (external) in the Hunter New England, Mid North Coast, Northern NSW, and Western Sydney Service Areas.
- Mission Australia (external) in the Far West and Western NSW Service Areas.
- EACH (external) in the South Western Sydney, and Southern NSW Service Areas.
- Intereach (external) in the Murrumbidgee Service Area.
- Cerebral Palsy Alliance (external) in the Northern Sydney Service Area.
Where can I get more information?
- More information about Early Childhood Partners and the NDIA Early Childhood Early Intervention approach can be found on the National Disability Insurance Scheme website.
Please feel free to contact your local Shepherd Centre and ask to speak to a member of the clinical team if you have any further questions in regards to this transition.