How The Shepherd Centre is keeping you COVIDsafe and helpful resources for staying informed about the pandemic.
Keep an eye on this page as we’ll continue to update new resources as we find them.
The Shepherd Centre’s infection control policy
To understand the policy we have developed and implemented around infection control, download our .pdf below.
Up-to-date information about coronavirus:
Official Australian Government COVID website: https://www.australia.gov.au/
- Coronavirus Australia app
- Apple download: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/coronavirus-australia/id1503846231
- The Australian Government’s WhatsApp chat accessible here.
- Health alerts: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
- Map/data: https://elm.nsupdate.info/virus/#world
- NSW Department of Education advice: https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-schools/school-safety/novel-coronavirus
- Downloadable resources in different languages: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/collections/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-resources
Health advice about coronavirus:
- Information about the effect of coronavirus on babies, kids and pregnant women: https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-03-24/coronavirus-covid-babies-pregnancy-children-kids/12080892
- Raising Children Network: https://raisingchildren.net.au/guides/a-z-health-reference/coronavirus-and-children-in-australia
- Vaccine information: https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/covid-19-vaccine-information-in-your-language
Mental health resources:
- A new 24/7 support service specifically designed to help people through the COVID-19 pandemic is now available free of charge to all Australians: https://coronavirus.beyondblue.org.au
- Support for teens managing high school in a pandemic: https://shepherdcentre.org.au/about-us/news-media/managing-high-school-during-a-pandemic/
- Excellent list of videos, resources and worksheets to support your family’s mental health: https://emergingminds.com.au/resources/supporting-children-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/
- Helping kids cope with stress poster: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/helping-children-cope-with-stress-print.pdf?sfvrsn=f3a063ff_2
Tips for talking to your children about coronavirus:
- Tips from The Conversation on talking to your children about coronavirus: 8 tips on what to tell your kids about coronavirus
- Unicef: https://www.unicef.org.au/blog/news-and-insights/march-2020/how-to-talk-to-your-children-about-coronavirus
- Psychology Today:
- Hey Sigmund: https://www.heysigmund.com/help-kids-feel-calm/
- How to speak to my child about Coronavirus: COVID-19 parents and carers support for students 10 3 2020
- Information for parents – talking to children about COVID-19: https://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources-and-podcasts/school-climate-safety-and-crisis/health-crisis-resources/talking-to-children-about-covid-19-(coronavirus)-a-parent-resource?ck_subscriber_id=630710601