On this page you will find information for including The Shepherd Centre in your client’s Will, suggested wording, estate administration and a quick information section with our key details.
The Shepherd Centre – for deaf children is registered for the following:
- ABN 61 000 699 927
- Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) by the Australian Taxation Office
- Charity Tax Concessions (TCC) by the Australian Taxation Office
- A Charity with the Australian Charities and Non-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
Our FAQ page provides easy to understand answers to some of the queries that you might have. Please take a look and see if we can answer any of your questions.
Our Gifts in Wills booklet contains more information about how to include a gift in your client’s Will. This is information that you can pass onto your client. You can fill in the contact form to request a paper copy.
Information for including The Shepherd Centre in your client’s Will
- If you’re helping someone to include a gift to The Shepherd Centre in their Will, it is important that The Shepherd Centre is clearly identified in the wording of your Will.
- If a client would like to direct their gift to a specific purpose or area at The Shepherd Centre, please suggest your client contact us first. To ensure best use of the gift it is hoped that the donor will have discussed their intentions with the Planned Giving Officer (or other official) before writing the specific intentions into the Will. This is to ensure their wishes can be honoured.
- The Shepherd Centre is registered as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) by the Australian Taxation Office.
- Let us know. We would like to thank your client in their lifetime, and invite them to join us for regular events, updates and tours. It is our way of saying thank you and showing our valued donors how their legacy will make a difference in the future.
Suggested wording for Wills
“I give, free of all duties and taxes to The Shepherd Centre – for deaf children (ABN 61 000 699 927) of 146 Burren St, Newtown NSW 2042 the whole of my estate [or… the residue of my estate / or % of my estate / or the sum of $…. / or description of property], for its general charitable purposes.
An authorised receipt from The Shepherd Centre – for deaf children will be sufficient discharge for the executor or trustee.”
*The Shepherd Centre is registered as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) by the Australian Taxation Office.
The Shepherd Centre values every gift we receive. If The Shepherd Centre has been named a beneficiary in an estate we would appreciate the following assistance:
1. Notify us. Please contact our Planned Giving Officer at your earliest convenience to notify what gift has been bequeathed to The Shepherd Centre. The Shepherd Centre may request that certain assets, such as investment properties or shares, be dealt with in a particular manner to reduce tax liabilities. It also allows us to plan for the future gift and maximise the impact of their donation.
2. Tell us about your client and their next-of-kin. We would like to thank remaining family and friends, and appropriately honour the person’s wishes and memory.
3. Send us the following documentation as they become available:
a. Copy of Will, and any codicil
b. Grant of Probate
c. Statement of Assets and Liabilities
d. Statement of distribution
e. On completion, a copy of the Estate Accounts
In the event of a dispute regarding family provision it is our practise to attend mediation.
Distribution of gift
Once the estate has been finalised and is ready for distribution please make cheques payable to The Shepherd Centre and post to:
Planned Giving Officer
The Shepherd Centre
PO Box 871
STRAWBERRY HILLS NSW 2012
We welcome interim distributions from estates.
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact:
Samantha Meisner-Lemon, Planned Giving Officer
P: 02 9370 4470 E: [email protected]