Interested in a career at The Shepherd Centre?
In 2018 The Shepherd Centre was awarded Excellence in Business and their CEO Dr Jim Hungerford was recognised as an Outstanding Business Leader at NSW Business Chamber Awards for the City of Sydney region. Dr Hungerford and our General Manager of Clinical Programs, Aleisha Davis were nominated for the 2019 Impact 25 Awards for their work in the social sector. We pride ourselves on our commitment to excellence and effectiveness, qualities that we believe come from a healthy work/life balance.
Our flexible working arrangements and family-friendly culture enables our expert staff to perform at their best. We have approximately 80 staff based at our six centres in Newtown, Macquarie, Liverpool, Wollongong, Canberra and Campbelltown.
The range of skills and breadth of experience among our staff – encompassing Clinical, Communications and Fundraising and Support – enables The Shepherd Centre to provide world-class programs to children and families, raise strong support and awareness, and continue to deliver outstanding services.
Clinical program staff are at the front line of our work. Our clinicians are highly experienced and are among the best in the world. Our multidisciplinary clinical team consists of: Listening & Spoken Language Specialists; Audiologists; Child & Family Counsellors; Speech Pathologists; Teachers of the Deaf; Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists (ENTs); Research Assistants; and Pre-School Directors and Assistants.
Communications and Fundraising staff help to create further awareness of The Shepherd Centre. Our team works with a variety of supporters and donors, from individuals and large organisations to trusts and foundations. As The Shepherd Centre must fund the majority of its programs and services through fundraising, these roles are vital for the organisation to continue its work.
Support roles ensure The Shepherd Centre is able to continue to deliver its world class services to children and families. These roles encompass a range of skills including IT, Administration, Finance and Human Resources.
Volunteer’s across all areas of the organisation are welcome, to express your interest in becoming a volunteer and to see any specific volunteering opportunities currently available, opportunities can be found here.
Positions vacant at The Shepherd Centre will be listed below.
Group Programs Coordinator – 2 contract positions
We are seeking 2 Groups Coordinator’s to facilitate and coordinate some of our group programs on a part-time fixed term contract as follows;
3 month opportunity:
- Based at our Liverpool and Minto centres
- 20 hours across 3 days per fortnight
- Every second Monday at Minto 8.30am – 1.30pm; Wednesdays at Liverpool 8.30am – 4.30pm
12 month opportunity:
- Based at our Newtown and Macquarie centres
- 30 hours across 4 days per fortnight
- Tuesdays at Newtown 8.30am – 4.30pm; Thursdays at Macquarie 8.30am – 4.30pm
The role reports to the Manager of Group Programs and involves working within a friendly and dynamic interdisciplinary team of Listening and Spoken Language Specialists, Paediatric Audiologists and the Child and Family Counselling team, that work together to help children with hearing loss to achieve spoken language, social inclusion and their full potential in life.
The position will include ensuring the centre provides a friendly and welcoming groups environment for families, visitors and volunteers, as well as providing a well prepared, fun and safe learning environment for the children. The coordinator will also be responsible for the management and coordination of volunteers, and database management.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with children within early childhood or disability sector
- Qualification in Early Childhood/Primary education or similar is required
- An ability to lead a group
- An ability to work flexibly and resourcefully in a dynamic environment
- A commitment to family cantered practise and interdisciplinary teamwork
- Working With Children Check (NSW) or willingness to obtain one
- Full working rights in Australia
- Australian Driver’s licence and car to access Minto and Liverpool centres