Interested in a career at The Shepherd Centre?
In 2018 The Shepherd Centre was awarded Excellence in Business and their CEO Dr Jim Hungerford was recognised as an Outstanding Business Leader at NSW Business Chamber Awards for the City of Sydney region. Dr Hungerford and our General Manager of Clinical Programs, Aleisha Davis were nominated for the 2019 Impact 25 Awards for their work in the social sector. We pride ourselves on our commitment to excellence and effectiveness, qualities that we believe come from a healthy work/life balance.
Our flexible working arrangements and family-friendly culture enables our expert staff to perform at their best. We have approximately 80 staff based at our six centres in Newtown, Macquarie, Liverpool, Wollongong, Canberra and Campbelltown.
The range of skills and breadth of experience among our staff – encompassing Clinical, Communications and Fundraising and Support – enables The Shepherd Centre to provide world-class programs to children and families, raise strong support and awareness, and continue to deliver outstanding services.
Clinical program staff are at the front line of our work. Our clinicians are highly experienced and are among the best in the world. Our multidisciplinary clinical team consists of: Listening & Spoken Language Specialists; Audiologists; Child & Family Counsellors; Speech Pathologists; Teachers of the Deaf; Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists (ENTs); Research Assistants; and Pre-School Directors and Assistants.
Communications and Fundraising staff help to create further awareness of The Shepherd Centre. Our team works with a variety of supporters and donors, from individuals and large organisations to trusts and foundations. As The Shepherd Centre must fund the majority of its programs and services through fundraising, these roles are vital for the organisation to continue its work.
Support roles ensure The Shepherd Centre is able to continue to deliver its world class services to children and families. These roles encompass a range of skills including IT, Administration, Finance and Human Resources.
Volunteer’s across all areas of the organisation are welcome, to express your interest in becoming a volunteer and to see any specific volunteering opportunities currently available, opportunities can be found here.
Positions vacant at The Shepherd Centre will be listed below.
Group Programs Coordinator
We are seeking a Group Programs Coordinator to facilitate and coordinate our group programs at our Macquarie, Liverpool and Macarthur centres. This is a part-time 12 month fixed term contract, working 42 hrs across 6 days per fortnight as follows;
- Monday 8.30 – 4pm / Tuesday 8.30 – 2.30pm (alternating weeks)
- Wednesday 8.30 – 4pm
- Thursday 8.00 – 4pm
The role reports to the Manager of Group Programs and involves working closely with the wider clinical team and volunteers/student placements.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Coordination and facilitation of our Kidscape Playgroup and Talk Together Programs at the respective centres
- Coordination and management of volunteers for the three centres, as well as support with coordination of volunteers across other centres
- Working with clinical team members in the development/updating of new and current group programs
- Working with clinical team members to provide an integrated approach to family goals around attendance at group programs
- Supporting with the coordination of evaluations of group programs
- Database management in relation to group appointments attended by families
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with children within early childhood or disability sector
- Qualification in Early Childhood/Primary education or similar is required
- An ability to work flexibly and resourcefully in a dynamic environment
- A commitment to family cantered practise and interdisciplinary teamwork
- Working With Children Check (NSW) or willingness to obtain one
- Full working rights in Australia
- Australian Driver’s licence and car – this role requires travel to different locations
Why choose TSC:
- You will be provided with 6 weeks annual leave (pro-rata for part-time)
- Competitive salary packaging (available in the not-for-profit sector)
- Supportive and friendly work environment and company culture
- Opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of hundreds of children
- NSW Business Chamber Business Awards 2018 Regional Winner and 2018 State Finalist
If you meet the above selection criteria, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.