(Part time or full time)
An exciting opportunity has risen for a Paediatric Audiologist at The Shepherd Centre.
The Shepherd Centre (TSC) is a not-for-profit organization that specialises in teaching children with hearing loss to listen and speak through our world-class early intervention and cochlear implant program for children and young adults. TSC was founded in 1970 and has worked with over 1500 children and families, currently operating across 5 centres in NSW and ACT, providing individual and group sessions in person, through our teleintervention program and online learning platforms.
Why work at The Shepherd Centre?
• Access to leading global innovation in hearing care
• Rewarding role where you can make a real difference to children’s lives
• Passionate, friendly and supportive team environment and culture
• Flexible working conditions, 6 weeks annual leave and attractive salary packaging (available for professionals working in the not-for-profit sector)
• Be part of a company that is recognised as a world leader in the field of early intervention Listening and Spoken Language, and contribute to translational research influencing outcomes and clinical practice in the field, in collaboration with tertiary and industry research partners and the HEARing CRC
• Winner NSW Business 2015 Employer of Choice, Excellence in Business and Regional Business of the Year & Finalist 2017 Telstra Business Awards
• An integral part of the multidisciplinary team that provides hearing implant services, Listening & Spoken Language Therapy and guidance and counselling to families
• Audiological responsibilities will include all aspects of paediatric hearing assessment, discussing results with families including electrophysiological tests, educational audiology in providing guidance to parents and professionals about maximizing a child’s access to sound, devices and all aspects of cochlear implant and Baha® management from preoperative evaluation to ongoing post operative management
• Travel between our centres and have the opportunity to work with children with a wide range of hearing losses and hearing devices
• Work closely with agencies in the hearing and educational fields including Sydney Children’s Hospital, Australian Hearing and teachers.
All applicants must be, or eligible to be, a Full member of Audiology Australia Ltd with a current CCP (or working towards it), with a minimum of 12 months experience working as an audiologist. In addition, applicants must have a knowledge of current paediatric hearing devices including hearing aids, cochlear implants and Baha®, a strong interest in family centered practice and educational audiology and hold a current driver’s license.
To apply: Email your CV and cover letter to Sharon Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries and for a copy of the Position Description: Karen Bate, Principal Manager, Audiology (02) 9370 4435 or email@example.com
Applications Close: 30th November 2017